Monday, November 21, 2005

MA!

"Ok Ma..."
"Yea Ma..."
"Why do you say need, has it really come to that point in my life where the word need and boyfriend should be in the same sentence??"
"I don't think so Ma. I'm fine, I'm fine!"
"Joey, listen to me - you have to find a man, a boyfriend, someone to share your life with, someone to have fun with, someone to eventually start a family with."
"Ma, I'm only 26, I'm doing just fine, I'll find someone - I'm not worried."
"Ok Ma..."
"Yea Ma..." (I'm not in the mood to argue with her. We just made up from a 2 week argument. I'm sitting outside my building, it's a pretty day maybe the pleasant weather can keep me somewhat sane with where this conversation is about to go.)
"You have to put yourself out there Joey and date!"
"Mom, I just went on two dates" (Ok so it was only one, but two sounded better. A woman walks by me, she looks at me and smiles at hearing this... I assume she can relate.)
"When did that happen?? How did it go?"
"The other week, and they were pretty bad"
"Well then Miss Joey you need to have four more lined up....Joey you're 26 already...."

I hate these phone calls, sometimes she gets to me, sometimes she doesn't... Today was a mixture, at first she didn't, but then later on in the evening she got to me, it all got to me.

I know I should date more often. I was pretty proud of myself for going on one damn date. It was horrific; it makes me never want to go on another again. A full waste of my evening, I can't even look at it as a free dinner... (I'm just not one of those girls).
It's hard to meet men (at least men that are interested in dating and not just sex), yes I do the whole internet dating thing - god that sucks.

I wish I'd meet someone in a spectacular sort of way. I've always dreamed of literally bumping into him at Grand Central Station. Oh I know - how cliché of me! But I'm a dreamer - and a bit of a romantic (though I barely let it show). Now don't go making fun of me!
Every day I wonder what the future holds for me, I often wish I could peer into a crystal ball and see myself in ten years.... Most people don't want that - I do.

I know I haven't written about Morgan, it's painful to write about him. Forget even writing about him, I can barely watch tv shows that we had watched together, Simpsons and Family Guy are no longer part of my weekly tv shows - they just make me miss him. But we talk very often, still haven't seen each other... I don't want to get into this right now. For some reason my brain led me here to write about it, but I'm now slowly stepping away.

I saw BFWB the other week. He snuck me into the firehouse. Years ago when we were in college he would sneak me into this particular firehouse, it reminded us of those days... Matter of fact, I'll post about our little meeting separately.

7 Comments:

Blogger Arashi-KIshu said...

You too huh?

Then when I finally get a BF, My Ma pressures me to either marry him or tells me he isn't good enough!

11/21/2005 6:02 PM  
Blogger Arashi-KIshu said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11/21/2005 6:02 PM  
Blogger The Great and Might Os said...

Nobody needs a boyfriend. The only time "need" comes into play, is when you love someone so much that you "need" to be with them because you can't stand being apart.

The 'need' part should be the result of the relationship, not the cause for one.

11/22/2005 11:11 AM  
Blogger The Great and Might Os said...

Ok Joey, your making me wait for the story. I CLEARLY have nothing better to do....so, lay it on me.

11/23/2005 2:26 AM  
Blogger -Snowman- said...

Just some fun stuff for you, me think you need it :-)

http://a-n-snowman.blogspot.com/2005/11/loved-this-one.html

11/23/2005 1:33 PM  
Blogger Adam said...

Everyone here is right, but you know this Joey. You don't need a boyfriend and no one needs to mate. She's just pushing her own wants or needs onto you. I think she needs to know that you can't have this conversation or deal with any snipey comments anymore. It's just not on. I'm sorry Joey, but you've got to lay it to her hard. If she thinks that she might lose you if she continues down this line, she'll smarten up pretty quick.

11/24/2005 3:11 AM  
Blogger SJR said...

Hang in there Joey. I have a feeling women get this pressure much more than guys.

11/30/2005 8:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home